Monday, October 18, 2010

beat 200 - found



"I realized today how little moments can mean so much to us. I'm a strong person but little feelings open up the pasts and that can break you down. But little moments, and how gentle people can actually be together if they try, that means so much. That includes anything from tickling Jacqueline's arm to just looking at my husband. Families are very verbal together and as people grow together and grow older they become more verbal and I understand. I left home at 17 because my family wasn't open, my parents were holocaust survivors and I never had that verbal talk, I never knew that with my parents. It was hard for me to leave, but I knew I had to. You know when you know something inside? I knew. Well it's very hard to leave someone, especially family, but sometimes you have to think about yourself. And when you do, you become strong and you realize who you are and what you can be. I see my children now and I see who they are from all they've been through and I'm so proud of them. I'm so proud of all of us for having the strength and doing it. I am so happy now. Happier than ever. It feels really nice to be where I am."


-Ruth Grubler, Montvale, NJ
Owner of Ruthie'Z Boutique in Armonk, NY 

2 comments:

  1. To my angel who arrived on OCTOBER 17...WE SHARED SOMETHING SOOOO SPECIAL, THE MEETING OF OUR HEARTS. LOVVVV RUTHIE

    ReplyDelete
  2. please look at my facebook
    lovvv u
    ruthie

    ReplyDelete