Sunday, October 17, 2010

beat 199 - incite



"My heart has been through a lot in my years. I feel very lucky to be who I am and to have lived what I lived. Life is never easy. It has it's ups and downs. But I look at young girls these days and I think I had it pretty good. My husband and I worked together for years, so when he passed away I was still capable. I knew how to keep going without him. Some women of my generation, well they'd kill themselves after their husbands died. They didn't know how to keep going. Their hearts weren't in life any more. But not me. My heart is in it all. I kept working and having my fun, life keeps going. You know that, right? You gotta keep going no matter what happens. you can never let it run over you, who wants to die? No one. Keep going. And that's what I do and I like it."


-Annie Zeide, Fort Lee, NJ

1 comment:

  1. This is my favorite picture you have ever taken! Look at that pride in grandma anne's face!
    xoxo
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete