Wednesday, December 15, 2010

beat 257 - shattered


"My heart is damaged. It's been through a couple wars in the last couple months. I lost the love of my life, for selfish reasons of my own, and I cannot get him back no matter what I do. I find strength in healing through my friends and family, I never realized how much parents love you until you've been through so much and they will never stop loving you no matter what. Which kills my heart even more. I was so young when he and I got married and I kept replaying my age over again in my head. And so it freaked me out that I had never experienced things, but it took this broken heart, this experience, for me to realize just how much I love him and exactly what he really means to me. Which is the hardest part, to have to lose someone in order to learn your love for them. It's almost not fair. I'm sad to say I had to experience it to realize how my selfishness ruined love. He was my first everything, my first love, everything. I feel empty. I've been exposed to so much in such a quick amount of time, so I just feel like the pain will be with me for a long time, it's not going anywhere. I wake up in the middle of the night and I think, my mind wont stop racing. My heart feels shattered, my heart doesn't want to trust people. I feel lost."

-Jessica Lara, California

2 comments:

  1. I don't think it can be said any more perfectly: "I feel lost".

    For now...I, too, am lost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly too many hearts know this feeling yet they all feel alone. this blog makes the pain easier. So thank you for doing it nic

    ReplyDelete