Saturday, November 13, 2010

beat 225 - Mayan



"My heart has grown harder after living in the NYC area for so many years. The "time is money" attitude seems to fight what my heart is really looking for...peace, simplicity, happiness, which of course it's had plenty of living in such a wonderful city. But the concrete jungle doesn't complete me. Foreign travel, indulging in food passed down from generations past, breathing in the crisp fall air, or enjoying a glass of wine and watching the sunset from my balcony; that is when my heart is truly content...connected. I often wonder if in my heart lives the spirit of my Mayan ancestors who respected nature and worshipped the gods that watched over it. I'm sure an old soul lives there in my heart and is searching for it's place in the present. 
Loving life and it's journey!"


-Janna Narke, NJ
personal trainer

3 comments:

  1. I know your heart Janna and it is big and open! Love you and looking forward to seeing you over the holiday season.

    ReplyDelete