Wednesday, September 1, 2010

beat 153 - dignified



"My heart is an endless magic trick...constantly amazing me with its capacity to expand.


I remember being fascinated when I learned in school the actual size of the heart. To this day it still boggles my mind that such a powerful part of our bodies is only the size of a fist. Yet no matter how many times mine feels like its going to explode with all the pride and worry and happiness and all consuming love I feel for the people that matter most to me in my life, my heart always seems to make room for more.


My heart may be small, but it is fierce. It knows no fear when it comes to conquering life and protecting the people that give it purpose. It is never afraid to make mistakes and surprises me regularly with its resilience, confidence and strength. It has cracked with disappointment and broken from love, but mostly it just aches from laughter (even if it's only at itself).


Above all else, my heart is lucky. It spends each and every day radiating a positive energy and smiling from chamber to chamber because it has the honor of being in the company of hilarious and inspiring people. Remarkable individuals who make it want to beat that much stronger and shine that much brighter."


-Jen Gordon, New York City

2 comments: