Saturday, July 24, 2010

beat 114 - searching


"I was raised by my mom, my dad was always in my life but things were a little rough around the edges. I was always playing sports, my mom was the one at every single game while my dad was the coach. He was always hard on me, always wanted me to be the best. My mom was always there to support me, she always understood what I was dealing with and going through. Which was really important to creating who I am. Now-a-days I wander around, I have some amazing friends. Like that kid over there, Jake. His my best friend, we grew up together. A lot of the good decisions I made in life were because of him. A lot of the bad decisions he made were because of me. So, basically I wander around the whole country, having fun all the time, but always looking for a girl exactly like my mom. I would marry my mom if I could. So, I wander around, sometimes with the wrong head, but I'm just looking for a girl exactly like my mom. That's my heart."

-Chris Proctor, Big Bear Lake, CA
Student/football player at the US Naval Academy, Annapolis, Maryland

1 comment:

  1. My favorite beat to date.
    You are a wise man.
    You may have a "wrong head" every now and then, but keep your heart "right" and open.
    Your mom did good.

    ReplyDelete