Tuesday, April 6, 2010

beat 6 - kin


"I have my mothers heart...
she's the most beautiful, most caring and loving woman I have ever known. She'll do anything and everything in her power to keep me smiling...even if it seems stupid - and permanent. Ever since I can remember I had wanted a tattoo - it was my 17th birthday when my mom finally gave in and took me to get my first tattoo - little did she know it'd be the day she got her first as well. There's no one I love more in the world then my mother, she's my role model, my inspiration so it only seemed natural to have my first tattoo relate to her. I had her draw a small heart on a piece of paper which was traced onto my hip, after it was made permanent my mother took a deep breath, switched seats with me and received the same exact heart. Some may find this stupid and weird, but I see it as one of the tiny examples of how my mother, my best friend, would do absolutely anything and sacrifice everything to make me happy. I only hope and pray that one day I can have as an amazing beautiful heart as my amazingly beautiful mother."
-Dylan Rait, Armonk, NY
fashion intern/student

2 comments:

  1. Dylan!
    What a beautiful, loving tribute to your Mom!!!
    How special, that you already know, that your Mom IS your heart and always will be, forever!

    Best to you, always,
    DivaDebbi

    ReplyDelete