Sunday, April 4, 2010

beat 4 - perspicacious


"My heart is warm and happy because I know all of my children and grandchildren are healthy. And when you are healthy you can be happy. Life is never smooth like water. There are bumps. You need to go with the bumps and learn not to fight. I have been married for 59 years. It has not always been easy because nothing is. We are very different people. He likes to stay home and not travel. I like to get on a plane and go - to New York, to India - I like to go. But if we were to get upset by each other's differences, we would fight. Instead we have learned to accept. You must accept. In his heart he likes one thing and my heart likes another. We get along because we understand those needs. Fighting will get you nowhere. I have had a very good life. I am very happy inside. Right now seeing my great grand child for the first time makes me even happier."
-Diane Faucon, Brussels, Belgium
Mother of 2, grandmother of 6, great grandmother to Luca

No comments:

Post a Comment