Monday, April 26, 2010

beat 26 - bits


"I was born three months premature and weighed just over 2 pounds. My heart was no bigger than a pinhead, and it fought to survive. Perhaps this is where I get my strength. My heart is still small, because pieces of it lie elsewhere - I like it this way. You can find some of it in Heaven (my mom lives there). Another piece can be found in the Midwest with my dad, my best friend. Other bits lie within those who have touched my life along the way. And wherever I go...a small part will always remain in New York."

-Tina Smithers, New York, NY
writer, blogger

3 comments:

  1. WOW, WOW, WOW--You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the best friend in the Midwest, aka Tina's Dad! I am so proud of her and everything she has done, is doing, and will do. You make me laugh, you make me cry, right now... there's a tear in my eye. ILU, TOM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha Dad! You weren't supposed to see this... yet. :) xoxox

    ReplyDelete